We need experience of
- Windows Server Administration
- MS Technologies: Active Directory, Exchange, WSUS, IIS, etc.
- Container technology – some of Windows server 2016, CentOS7, Ubuntu, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Network traffic Management (Firewalls, Load balancers, Proxies)
Other technologies you’ll be exposed to
Knowledge of all of these is not required but the more you have experience of (or experience of a similar product), the better.
- Microsoft SQL Server and Always On availability groups
- Azure or AWS.
- VMware vSphere and underlying technologies including compute, networking and storage (VMware vSphere 5.5 - 6.5)
- Automation using various tools (Git, Jenkins, Terraform, PowerShell, Bash, DSC, Ansible, Kubernetes)
- Secrets in containers and application configs (Kubernetes, Vault, Jenkins)
- An agile environment (we use a loose Kanban approach)
- Application and performance monitoring (Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Jira for tracking your projects and breaking down into smaller steps.
- Confluence for documentation
You will have input into defining the technology we use in the future; the above list is not set. Most of our systems are on our own hardware in a third-party datacentre in London, we are using some Azure and would like to use more but are likely to always want to remain as “hybrid cloud”
- The department is light on meetings – most of your time will be working on projects.
- There is dedicated training time & budget to expand your skills.
- As a privately-owned company we tend to be fast-moving, and as we’re profitable and growing we tend to be able to afford the tools and hardware we need.
- The IT department is over the road from the rest of head office. We have a large, modern open-space environment that’s been recently refurbished.
- Very fun and social team, lots of group outings and activities to partake in
Who are we looking for?
- A desire to create simple / low-maintenance and effective solutions.
- Willingness and capability to support and troubleshoot day to day issues.
- Some experience of infrastructure-as-code and a drive to bring that to all areas of the team.