- Working on projects that support our Infrastructure, DevOps and CyberSecurity plans.
- Collaboratively identifying those projects and creating long-term plans.
- Helping your team members structure and prioritise their workload.
- Ensuring the day-to-day management and support of our infrastructure is carried out to a high-standard.
- Work closely with the development teams and ensure they can continue to deploy new features to production rapidly (currently deploying microservices around 20-30 times a week using Jenkins, Docker, and Octopus Deploy).
- Ensuring the team continues to develop themselves and have the correct skills for the challenges they face. There is time and money available for this.
Key technologies you’ll be exposed to.
Knowledge of all of these is not required but the more you have experience of (or experience of a similar product), the better.
- Container technology (Windows server 2016, CentOS7, Ubuntu, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Network traffic Management (Firewalls, Load balancers, Proxies)
- Microsoft SQL Server and Always On availability groups
- VMware vSphere and underlying technologies including compute, networking and storage (VMware vSphere 5.5 - 6.5)
- Automation using various tools (Git, Jenkins, Terraform, PowerShell, Bash, DSC, Ansible, Kubernetes)
- Secrets in containers and application configs (Kubernetes, Vault, Jenkins)
- An agile environment (we use a loose Kanban approach)
- Application and performance monitoring (Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus)
You will have freedom when it comes to defining the technology we use in the future; the above list is not set. Most of our systems are on our own hardware in a third-party datacentre in London, we are using some Azure and would like to use more but are likely to always want to remain as “hybrid cloud”
- Effectively using cloud resources (Azure - preferred, GCP, AWS).
- Infrastructure operations including patching, monitoring and deployments.
- Datacentre management.
- The department is light on meetings – as team lead you’ll be in more than most of your team, but most of your time will be spent with your team.
- As a privately-owned company we tend to be fast-moving, and as we’re profitable and growing we tend to be able to afford the tools and hardware we need.
- The IT department is over the road from the rest of head office. We have a large, modern open-space environment that’s been recently refurbished.
- It’s a sociable environment - the current team tend to go for lunch most days, the local pub is occupied by the company most Fridays.