You will oversee the Reporting Team, with a core focus on preparation of group statutory and management reporting and compliance. You will be responsible for supporting accurate and timely reporting and application of accounting policies.
Group Statutory Multicurrency Consolidation & Reporting
- Prepare monthly multicurrency consolidation & reporting, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and other relevant information, using SunSystems, delivered in an accurate & timely manner.
- Oversee consolidation journals, eliminations, group intercompany reconciliations, FX impacts
- Review detailed, store-level managements accounts; provide in-depth analytical review, specifically comparing performance versus prior period & budget, with narrative and explanations of trends
Statutory Accounts, Tax & Audit
- Preparation of Group Consolidated Statutory Accounts under FRS102.
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for UK subsidiaries.
- Support partners in local markets in preparation of accounts for remaining group companies
- Lead preparation of supporting audit documentation including accounting papers & tax questionnaires to assist with audit close process; act as a key contact during the Audit
- Review of tax computations from external tax advisor
- Oversee preparation of group VAT & Intrastat returns
Balance Sheet Review
- Provide hands on support of the balance sheet control process across the group;
- Regular detailed review of balance sheets with significant focus on material balances to identify balance sheet risks
Accounting Policies & Procedures
- Review and update accounting policies & processes ensuring compliance with current accounting standards
- Work with the Head of Reporting and Financial Controller on group reporting and tax issues
- Other ad hoc projects as they arise