- To achieve all Key Performance Indicators through Field Team and make informed decisions on how the North American Market trends differ from other Global markets
- To analyse business results and trends with field Team and takes timely and appropriate action to drive sales and profitability, influencing the Head Office on product buying and merchandising decisions specific to the North American Market
- To give input in the development of selling strategies and incentives
- To be responsible for recognition of outstanding sales performance of Retail Teams in North America
- To be responsible for developing outstanding customer service within the Areas
- To develop budget plans with Field team and Head Office that specifically take into account North American trends
- To develop, share and implement best practice from Global Markets with North American teams
- To communicate regularly with Head Office concerning problems or opportunities
- To continually analyse shop performance compared to expectation, company trends, and competitive position.
- To take appropriate action to improve competitive performance.
- To be an inspirational leader, able to demonstrate positive service and management techniques
To ensure that all aspects of stock management are adhered to as below by North American field team.
- To achieve all Key Performance Indicators through Field team
- To minimise stock loss (as a % of Sales)
- To be responsible for ensuring all Areas accurately keep track of their stockroom (Perpetual Inventory counting)
- To be accountable for Store compliance to all stock management procedures
- To define and implement recovery plan with stores with stock management issues
- To define recovery plan for stores with Stock management issues
People Management and Development
- To communicate clearly, effectively, and consistently to Field Team and Head Office back in UK
- To be responsible for the succession plans of The North American Business, including the opportunity to sponsor work placements in differing markets for key personnel
- To recruit and develops Field Team to their highest potential
- To ensure that all new staff recruits in store are at the correct level in terms of induction and training
- To ensure store practices comply with current employee legislation and best practice, and are honest, open and constructive
- To ensure store practices comply with current Health and Safety at Work legislation
- To ensure on-going programs for training and development of teams within the Areas are maintained
- To liaise, where appropriate, with the central HR/L & D functions
- To react quickly to performance issues, praising positive ones and constructively correcting negative ones
- To demonstrate the ability to self-develop
- To act as a coach, mentor and leader
- To Develop one of the current North American Field Team to be the next VP Operations
- To maintain consistent, uncompromising, high standards for presentation, Point of Sale material and promotions and company property and assets which are suited to the North American Market
- To be continually aware of store housekeeping standards and best practice
- To ensure all layouts, promotions and POS are launched and maintained according to current instruction
- To be responsible for submitting and follow-through on maintenance in stores
- To instil in all Field Teams a pride in their store and products
- To continually educate teams in the presentation of the product, based on guidelines
- To control payroll within established guidelines.
- To maintain and controls controllable expenses to maximise profits in each store through field team
- To assume responsibility for shrinkage, security and team safety within North America
- To ensure store visits are carried out in a systematic and consistent manner
- To accurately interpret and communicate marketing, merchandising, and operational strategies to the field
- To be involved in developing budgets as requested
- To ensure all administrative details of North America are in compliance with company policies and procedures
- To be responsible for maintaining acceptable standard of critical store based management controls to minimise all areas risk of loss.
- To be responsible for maintaining the working standards including minimising the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace and responsible for reporting potential risks, real accidents and near misses to relevant managers
Working Relationships & Interfaces
- To actively engage through store visits, with Store Staff and the Mountain Warehouse customer at appropriate times throughout the year.
- Commercially controls spend within your specific remit, working creatively and in a SMART way to reduce both overall costs whilst increasing efficiency.
- To perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible for maintaining the working standards of Mountain Warehouse including minimising the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace and responsible for reporting potential risks, real accidents and near misses to relevant managers.